National Relay Championships
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ATTENDEES
Due to a fire at a nearby Recycling Centre the A74 London Road and other local access routes to the Emirates Arena are closed.
Attendees should approach the Emirates from the A728 Clyde Gateway and should factor this into travel plans for this event on Sunday 12th February.
Issued Friday 10th February 1500hrs
CLICK HERE FORE LIVE RESULTS
scottishathletics Members Entries Open: 1000hrs Thursday 15th December 2022
All Entries Close: 1700hrs Thursday 12th January 2023, or as events sell out
All entries must be submitted online by clubs through the club portal. There will be no entries accepted on the day. Clubs are asked to identify a pool of eligible athletes at the point of entry, and will only confirm their final teams at declarations on the day of the event. This means clubs should register any athlete who they may wish to attend on their entry, as their final teams will be selected from this list.
The maximum number of teams entered per club will be restricted as follows:
Senior and Under 17 Men and Women – TWO teams only
Under 13 and Under 15 Boys and Girls – ONE team only
Any club wishing to enter additional teams should email email@example.com to be added to the waiting list. Teams will be contacted as soon as possible after final entries close to confirm whether their request can be accommodated within the final numbers.
£12 per team
Spectators / Coaches
Spectators and Coaches can purchase advance entry tickets here (Requires Login)
Spectator - £3 in advance, £4 on the day
scottishathletics Coach Members – Free in advance, £4 on the day
Please note, athletes will not be able to enter if their scottishathletics membership is out of date, and/or if they have any other outstanding fees due to scottishathletics. If an athlete’s membership has expired, or is set to expire before the date of the competition, they must renew their membership in order to be eligible to enter. Clubs can also renew memberships on behalf of their members via the club portal’s ‘Athlete List’ if they wish.
This event is open to teams from affiliated Scottish clubs only.
- Any scottishathletics athlete who is a first claim member of a non-Scottish club in addition to being a member of a Scottish club, should compete for their Scottish club in all scottishathletics events.
- Any scottishathletics athlete who is a member of more than one Scottish Club can choose which club they intend to represent. This must be confirmed at the point of entry through the entry form. This is regardless of their membership status with each club (ie. 1st/2nd claim).
- Athletes may only compete for one Scottish Club at scottishathletics Championship events over the course of any competition year (running annually from 1st October), i.e. athletes must compete for the same club in District and National Championships or indoors and outdoors (except track and field relays).
Under 13: Born 1 Sept 2010 – 31 Aug 2012
Under 15: Born 1 Sept 2008 – 31 Aug 2010
Under 17: Born 1 Sept 2006 - 31 Aug 2008
Under 20 & Senior: Born 31 Aug 2006 or earlier
One athlete per team can step up one age group but must still adhere to their own rules. U11s cannot compete as U13s.
Once eliminated, a B athlete can move to the A team for the next round but only if they were declared in the A team as a reserve.
Young athletes cannot compete in both a combined event and a relay on the same day. However, a combined event athlete may be named as a reserve in a relay team and compete in the final on a later date.
- Athletes wishing to enter an event that has reached capacity can sign up to the waiting list online. You will be contacted if spaces become available.
- Waiting List entries are counted within an athlete’s total number of entries. Should an athlete enter an additional non-waiting listed event, they will be removed from any other waiting lists.
- If you have entered an event and are withdrawing before entries close, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so that an athlete on the waiting list may be offered the opportunity to compete.
Senior/U20 relays will take place fully on Saturday 28th January.
Relay Heats for U13, U15 and U17 athletes will take place on Saturday 28th January, with the finals run on Sunday 12th February.
scottishathletics reserve the right to review and amend Terms & Conditions without prior notice or consultation.
As a policy, scottishathletics does not provide refunds. However, if an event receives fewer than 3 entries, the Championship Committee reserves the right to cancel that event and if no other suitable arrangement can be made, a refund may be offered.
Entry Terms and Conditions
All entrants, either by Team Manager or Individually are asked to confirm agreement to the following conditions:
- Permission that photographs may be taken and used for PR/Marketing purposes.
- Permission for doping control tests to be carried out in accordance with the set procedures and regulations concerning such testing. https://www.ukad.org.uk/anti-doping-rules
- Entered athletes are medically fit to compete, have no medical issues or disability that would endanger themselves or others by taking part and will not compete unless fit to do so on the day.
- Athletes with additional support needs should contact scottishathletics for an Assistance in Competition form.
Exceptions to these conditions must be communicated to email@example.com following the entry.