Entries:All entries for this event from all clubs must be submitted online via the club portal.
Entries will open on 2nd October, and close at midnight on Thursday 29th October. No late entries will be accepted.
Athletes who compete in any scottishathletics event MUST be current members of scottishathletics on the day of the race at the point of entry. Athletes’ names cannot be submitted without a valid membership, so any and all renewals must be made before entries close. Further names cannot be added to team lists after the closing date.
Entry Cost: £16 per team
All Teams consist of 3 ATHLETES, each leg will be 3KM (3x3km)
Important Information for Teams:
Due to current Scottish Government restrictions, a number of changes have been implemented for the 2020 edition of this event:
· Two Day Event. Due to restrictions on the venue’s capacity on a single day, Young Athletes’ races will take place on Saturday, and U20/Senior/Masters athletes will run on Sunday.
· No Championship. Due to restricted entry numbers, no championship medals will be awarded at this event in 2020.
· No Masters-specific Races. As capacity is restricted, no specific Masters races will be held. Masters athletes can be included within a club’s main team.
· Limit of ONE team per club only. To ensure as many clubs as possible are given the opportunity to compete, clubs are limited to entering ONE team only per age group (Young Athletes Male and Female and Senior Male and Female – a maximum of four teams per club). If capacity is not reached in a particular age group, clubs will be offered the opportunity to enter a B team based on their 2020 club affiliation returns from largest to smallest clubs.
· Wave Starts. Athletes will be seeded into Wave Starts of a maximum of 30 athletes. These waves will be run as a normal race, with cumulative time used to calculate team results. Each wave will create a competition bubble on arrival in the Warm Up Zone, and physical distancing is suspended within the competition bubble until the athletes leave the zone at the conclusion of their race.
· No spectators. Athletes under the age of 18 are allowed one chaperone, and no other spectators will be allowed within the park. Clubs may nominate one team manager per age group (Young Athletes M/F and Senior M/F) to attend.
· Arrive – Declare – Run – Leave. It is important that all athletes and attendees leave the park as soon as possible following the conclusion of their run.
· Physical distancing outside the competition area and between race bubbles. Physical distancing must be maintained by all attendees (except whilst racing), including within any club tents
· Short Course Qualifier. This event offers athletes an opportunity to qualify to enter the Short Course Championships, to be held over the weekend of 7th and 8th November.
Please see the downloadable event information document for full details.
Entry Terms and Conditions
All entrants, via their club/team manager completing the entry, are asked to confirm agreement to the following conditions:
1. Permission that photographs may be taken and used for PR/Marketing purposes.
2. Permission for doping control tests to be carried out in accordance with the set procedures and regulations concerning such testing
3. Entered athletes are medically fit to compete, have no medical issues or disability that would endanger themselves or others by taking part and will not compete unless fit to do so on the day.
4. All entries are subject to scottishathletics Terms and Conditions, available on www.scottishathletics.org.uk
Any exceptions to these conditions must be communicated to firstname.lastname@example.org following the entry.